Here's a recipe from my demo at Savour Kilkenny
Goatsbridge Trout Fillet
Vegetable oil (for frying)
Few handfuls of pak choi/ spinach leaves (blanched)
For the teriyaki sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sake
1 tbsp mirin
Half tsp honey (I used Fiona Dillon's honey from Hunters Lodge)
1. Heat the oil on a frying pan.
2. Place the trout fillet skin side down and fry on medium heat for a few minutes depending on size.
3. Whisk all the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce in a small bowl.
4. Turn the trout fillet and continue to fry to a minute or so.
5. Pour the teriyaki sauce over the fish. Try to spoon the sauce over the fillet to help the fish absorb the flavour.
6. The teriyaki sauce is ready once it starts to form small bubbles and thickens like syrup.
7. Take off the heat and serve on a bed of blanched pak choi or spinach.
- - Try not to overcook the teriyaki sauce as black bits will start to form.