Here's the second barbeque recipe that I promised to post. We've made it a few times this summer and there's never any leftovers!
1kg chicken wings
For the marinade
4 tbsp soya sauce
4 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp Japanese seven spice called nanami togarashi
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients for the marinade together until the maple syrup is dissolved.
- Then add the chicken wings and make sure to coat the marinade evenly on the chicken wings.
- Put in a sealed bag or lunchbox and store in the fridge for a few hours or over night.
- Cook on the barbecue or in the oven for about 25 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- To check if the chicken is cooked cut one open and if the meat is white then it is ready.
- If you don't have Japanese seven spice then replace with cayenne pepper.
- Use the remaining marinade to pour over the cooked chicken wings by placing it in a saucepan and bringing to the boil. Then simmer for about 5 minutes.
Click here to see my first barbecue recipe - Japanese style burger
These barbecue recipes go really well with my homemade lemonade