I love to spend time in my kitchen creating new recipes fusing Western and Japanese flavours. For this recipe I'm using organic Greek yogurt from a fantastic Irish company called Glenisk and one of my favourite Japanese ingredients to cook with miso paste. These ingredients can be used separately to marinate meat but they work even better together making the meat unbelievably tender and tasty.
2 x chicken breasts, cut into bite size chunks (preferably free range or organic)
5 tbsp organic Greek yogurt
1 tbsp Japanese miso paste
Bunch of spring onion/ scallion (cut into 2″ lengths)
Sesame seeds (to garnish)
- Soak the chicken skewers in water for about 20 minutes to avoid them burning in the oven.
- Preheat a fan oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a medium size bowl mix the Greek yogurt and miso paste together.
- Toss in the chicken pieces and completely cover in the marinade.
- Leave in the marinade for about 10 minutes.
- Thread about 3 chicken pieces and 2 spring onion pieces through each skewer.
- Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds
- You can serve hot or cold.
You can use white or red miso paste for this recipe. White miso has a milder and sweeter taste compared to red miso.