Tuesday, 15 December 2015
Power Breakfast - Matcha Granola with Kaki Fruit & Natural Yoghurt
This is a great way to start your day with the power of matcha (green powder tea) which slowly releases caffeine compared to coffee. I've also included a tip below to show you how this can be packed and eaten on the go using an old jam jar. You can get small bags of mixed nuts & seeds in most supermarkets for this recipe. Enjoy!
Few handfuls of your favourite mixed nuts (almonds, pinenuts etc) & seeds (e.g. pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, linseeds etc)
2 heaped tablespoons of coconut oil
2 heaped tablespoons of honey
1 teaspoon matcha
1 kaki (persimmon/ sharon) fruit, peeled and thinly sliced
I prefer to use fresh fruit than dried fruit as I think it's a healthier option. However if you'd like to add dried fruit you can simply add it when the granola is removed from the oven and cooled.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Place the oats in a large flat pyrex dish.
3. Toss in the nuts and mix well together.
4. Over a low to medium heat melt the coconut oil and honey in a small saucepan.
5. Once melted stir well and pour evenly over the oats and nuts.
6. Use a large spoon to completely cover the oats and nuts in the coconut oil and honey.
7. Place in the pre-heated oven for about 20 minutes (during this time stir a few times).
8. Remove from the oven and once cool, add the matcha powder and mix well.
9. Add a few large spoonfuls of the granola to a cereal bowl and serve with natural yoghurt and sliced kaki fruit.
10. Store the remaining granola in an airtight container.
Also great on the go breakfast to bring to work