Wednesday 28 August 2013

My Japanese cooking & sushi class - part II


Last Saturday I welcomed another group of friends from the Irish Food Blogging Community into my home to teach them the basics of Japanese cooking and sushi making.

Fiona Dillon from Hunters Lodge Living arrived a little early to interview me for her radio show "The Food Files" which airs every Friday on CRKC88.7fm. If you'd like to hear the interview it'll be aired this Friday August 30th between 5 and 6pm.
 
Kristin from Edible Ireland and co-founder of The Irish Food Bloggers Association arrived next giving me a chance to listen to her thoughts on Japanese food and the wonderful health benefits of the Japanese diet. 
 
Lily from A Mexican Cook and Kate from The Wild Flour Bakery came straight from their stalls at the H2G market in Glasnevin (Dublin) and Nessa from Nessa's Family Kitchen came after her cooking demo in Glenisk's pop-up store on Dawson Street to join the class.
 
 
Before we started sushi rolling, we sat down and enjoyed an informal Japanese style tea ceremony using matcha (green powder tea) and chatted about everything Japanese from Lily's experience at a formal Japanese tea ceremony while she lived in Japan to Kate's adventures with matcha in her baking at The Wild Flour Bakery.
 
I had so much fun holding these Japanese classes for the Irish Food Blogging Community. I want to thank everyone who attended for making it such a great success.
 
For more details on my cooking classes and demos please email me at fionasjapanesecooking@gmail.com.
 
Notes:
Click here to see my Japanese cooking & sushi class - part I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...